On the hilly road just northwest of Drudge, Geralt will come across a lone dog being attacked by wolves. Save the pup and it will want you to follow it. Do so and it will lead you into Drudge where four bandits will attack you.
After defeating them, open the door to the house the bandits were near (right next to the signpost) and look for loose floorboards using your Witcher senses. Pry up the boards and open the chest underneath using the key given to you by the dog after you interact with it to complete the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- When Geralt saw a dog which was clearly someone's beloved pet surrounded by a pack of starving wolves, he could not help but interfere and save the poor animal's life. The wolves slain, he petted the dog to calm it and discovered there was a key sewn into its collar.
- Geralt followed the dog to its owner's home. Sadly, there was no living soul within it.
- Follow the Dog.
- Defeat the Bandits.
- Search the abandoned house using the Witcher Senses.
- The dog can be killed during the fight with the bandits.
- The chest contains a diary among other valuables.
- The friendly dog's name is Barylka, according to the letter found in the abandoned house.
- One of the bandits carries the Bremervoord blade on them.
- You can fail this quest if you put too much distance between you and the dog (like running off in the opposite direction).